Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day 9 Saturday August 25th - Denver, CO to Amarillo, TX.

Today was my last day with Rod and Brook. We got up and took a back road from Denver to Monument, CO (near Colorado Springs) to have breakfast at Rosie’s Diner. We saw a really cool barn (see pic), had a nice breakfast and said our goodbyes. This old man on his cruiser kept up with them on their sport bikes…oh, that’s right, I was leading most of the way!!!! It was fun riding with them over that past week and we had a lot of experiences!!! After leaving Colorado Springs and heading east, I did not see a lot to report about. Eastern Colorado is a lot like the Pan Handle of Texas…a few tumbleweeds is about it. Drove 478 miles today for a total of 2804. Going to head to Palo Duro Canyon tomorrow on the way home. I will also be driving through the town that my grandmother and grandfather lived in.

No comments:

Post a Comment