Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day 10 Babb, MT to Spokane, WA

Well, they were predicting mid 30's and snow for the area with 6 inches at Logan Pass. If is was true when I woke, I didn't know what I was going to do.

However, the weathermen were wrong again...thank goodness. It was partly cloudy and 45 to start. As I headed up to Logan Pass, the low clouds started moving in. By the time I got to the summit, it was 39 degrees and I could not see more than 50 feet and it was snowing and sleeting a bit. Started to head down and drove in a cloud for 4 miles. I followed the car ahead of me and I could barely make out its tail lights. Only got to see one glacier in Glacier National Park.

The rest of the day was in and out of a few rain showers, but a nice drive. I'm sure if I could have seen more, it would have been nicer.

It was 70 degrees by the time I got to Spokane, but got caught in one last shower.

Today's distance 352 miles for a total of 3627.

Tomorrow is the last full day and I am taking the long way back to Seattle. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment