Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 4 Eureka CA to Coos Bay OR

Today was the most beautiful so far. The redwoods of northern California are fantastic. The ride today was nice the whole day.

Headed out at 7:30 and it was 56 degrees. It warmed up as I got closer to Oregon. Crater Lake is simply amazing. It is about a 35 mile drive around the whole lake and I had to see all of it.

The drive from Crater Lake to Coos Bay was almost entirely in the forests in this area. Warmed up to 82 in the afternoon.

Ended the day with a sunset over Coos Bay.

Drove 503 miles today and 1720 so far on this trip. Tomorrow is only 330 miles.

Monday is Coos Bay to Hood River. Going all the way up the Oregon coast.

Hello to all my New Zealand relatives...mom said that you guys are following my travels.

Jambo

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are beautiful - I've always wanted to go to these places and now you have inspired me to do so! Take care and be careful.
    Mel

    ReplyDelete