Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day 11 and the last day

Well, today is the last official day of the trip and I am a bit melancholy. I need to get back to work though, before they figure out that they don't miss me.

It's been a great, fun, wet, cold, sunny, windy, etc. trip. I hate to see it end because there is so many other things to see. I'll be honest, I am a bit tired though. Logged 354 miles today for a total of 3981. It will be over 4000 by the time that I drop my bike off to be shipped. The weather today was great. Started off at 64and ended up almost 80 here in Seattle.

Today, I took another "road less travelled". I took Hwy 2 from Spokane to Everett and then I5 down to Seattle. Hwy 2 basically parallels I90, but has more "character". You go through so many small towns with historical markers. It is fun to see why some of these small towns popped up in the middle of nowhere.

I'll will post a few more pics once I get home from my camera. There is a limit on what can be uploaded from a mobile device. A few pics from Lake Louise and Moraine Lake where I forgot to take any with the blackberry.

Thanks to everyone that was following this blog. I hope that you enjoyed the pictures and the note of what I was seeing and doing.

Next years trip will be the middle of the country over to New York and back down and the year after will be the Northeast when the leaves start to change.

Signing off for now.

Thanks
John

No comments:

Post a Comment