Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 5 Coos Bay to Hood River Oregon

First, I will be in Canada the next 3 days and then in very remote Babb, Montana and may not be able to update the blog. I will if I can.

Today was amazing. Do I like the forests better or the ocean views? Too hard to decide, but today was the last time to see the Pacific. I will be inland the remainder of the trip.

It was 180 miles from Coos Bay to Tillamook and I enjoyed every minute of it. All of the little fishing villages, resort areas and small towns were all nice. Temps started out at 54 and never got out of the low 60's along the coastal region.

After Tillamook, headed towards Portland and got stuck in rush hour traffic. I believe that it is worse than Dallas!!! I then headed around Mt Hood (drove around almost 75 percent of the mountain. In Hood River, OR for the night. My room overlooks the Columbia River Gorge. Was a pleasant 82 degrees here in Hood River (was 107 last week).

Tomorrow is off to Mt St Helens and Mt Rainier before heading up to Chillawack Canada. Looks like I might hit some rain before the day is over. Hopefully not!!!

Logged 356 miles today for a total of 2076 so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment