Friday, October 7, 2011

East Coast Trip Day 2 – Gettysburg, PA – Newburgh\Montgomery\Rock Tavern, NY

Today started out a bit chilly, it was 42 degrees. I got on the road at 9:00AM. I am glad that I had the heated long johns, socks and gloves. It was very cozy. I started shedding the stuff around noon though as it warmed up to 68.

Today’s drive was very nice except for the 4 construction areas that I went through. Some of the areas were clean-up from Hurricane Irene that came through here a month ago and dumped over 14 inches of rain. Overall delay in construction zones was about 2 hours.

I didn’t make it to this area in time to stop by Paul Jr Design’s shop, but did make it to Orange County Choppers (OCC) as it is only 1.6 miles from my hotel. They have most of the bikes made on the show except for the “Black Widow”. There is a noticeable spot near the front door where it is missing. For those of you that don’t know, Paul Sr and Paul Jr decided to go their separate ways and ended up suing each other. Paul Jr got his 20% stake of the old OCC and the Black Widow bike. I plan on driving by Paul Jr’s shop tomorrow on the way out of town.

Took 2167 pictures with my GoPro camera today. I am posting a few here, but will post more on facebook when I have a larger screen to preview them. It takes a while to view them on this 10” netbook screen!!!
I may have figured out the issue with posting pictures to the blog…there is a size limit. I started deleting some of the pictures from my 2009 West Coast trip, so we will see if this helps.

Drove 250 miles today and ended my day at 5:00PM. Tomorrow I have about 300 miles to go, but it should be a beautiful ride if there are not any construction zones. Get to see the location of the “Miracle on Ice” of 1980.

That’s all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment