Saturday, October 8, 2011

East Coast Trip Day 3 – Newburgh, NY to Lake Placid, NY

What an absolutely gorgeous day!!!! It was a perfect day for a ride. Started at 45 degrees and got up to 78. Everyone up here is just giddy over the weather. After all the rain that they have had over the last month, who can blame them!!!! Everyone is getting out and enjoying the weather. It is forecasted to be 80 tomorrow.

They drive was uneventful, except for one route that I wanted to take. A local told me not to go that way since a bridge was still washed out from Hurricane Irene. I had to take a 50 mile detour, but hey, I only have time right? Funny thing was that from the south, there was not any signage about the bridge being out, but from the north side, there were some warnings. Good thing that I stopped and ask a local.

Started seeing a lot of color today and expect to see more tomorrow. It was very nice, especially once I got closer to Lake Placid.
Walked around downtown Lake Placid tonight and stopped by a local bar for a few local brews, then walked around town for a while.

Hey guys, BTW, I actually stopped by a Dairy Queen that only sold dairy products. Even the sodas were in bottles. Good thing that I wanted an ice cream cone and not some tater tots!!!

Drove 370 miles today, for a total of 722 so far this trip.

That’s all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment