Wednesday, October 12, 2011

East Coast Trip Day 7 – Ridgefield, CT to Atlantic City, NJ

Woke up at 5:15 to the sounds of pitter pat feet running in the kitchen above me. Chloe is 3 years old and an early riser!!! Doug and Tara hooked up an alarm that changes color when she can wake up mom and dad. That time is 5:15. She actually wakes up earlier, but can’t leave her room until the clock turns green. I went back to sleep till 7:00.

Doug was cooking breakfast when I got up, so that was nice as well. Chloe did her homework for preschool and then headed off to school.

I left at 9:40 as I wanted to miss the traffic heading into New York City. We checked the radar and it looked like I was going to get real wet as I neared NYC. I don’t know how, but it only sprinkled on and off for a couple of hours as I headed down to Atlantic City. I lucked out today.

There is some weather moving in tonight, but supposed to change again to on again/off again showers tomorrow. Hopefully it will be more “off again”.

Daily overview, it was a little more seasonal here today, started out at 58 degrees and only got up to 62. Drove 216 miles for a total of 1643.
BTW, have gotten pictures of the Chicken in front of these state signs, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and New Jersey. Only have Maryland, Virginia and Delaware which I will get tomorrow.

Also found out why the Trump Plaza was so inexpensive tonight…they want $19.95 for internet access…”f” that, sitting in Starbucks for free.

That’s all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment