Wednesday, October 12, 2011

East Coast Trip Day 6 – Boston, MA to Ridgefield, CT

This day started out a little later than I had hoped. I was going to leave at 7:00 AM so that I could get to Doug and Tara’s house just after noon. We were then going to head into New York City for a little while. When I went out to turn off the alarm on my motorcycle…nothing…it wouldn’t turn off. Unfortunately, it keeps me from starting the bike. I figured that the key fob needed a new battery, so I checked with the front desk to see where the closest place was to buy a battery. There was a CVS about a mile and a half away. Quick decision, catch a cab and make a $5 battery turn into a $20 battery (with cab fare) or start walking…I started walking. By the time I got back and got the bike loaded, it was after 8:30. I didn’t make it to Ridgefield until almost 2:00.

We had just missed a train into the city, so we thought about driving. Doug said that it would take 1 ½ - 2 hours where he would park in the employee parking lot at LaGuardia Airport (he is an American Airlines pilot) and then catch a cab into the city. After mulling it over for a bit, we decided to sit on his porch, drink beer and watch the leaves fall.

When his wife Tara and daughter Chloe got home, we went on a walk around the neighborhood and through a forested area near where they live. It is a beautiful area (see the pictures for today).

Then we all chilled out on the porch and grilled steaks, not a better way to end the day!!!!

Daily overview, started out at 55 degrees and warmed up into the mid 70’s. Drove 230 miles for a total of 1427.

That’s all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment